Please fill out our
Or email us at:
The Coleraine Historical Society Inc.
PO BOX 53726
Colerain Twp., OH 45253
See Meetings Page for more details
PUBLIC WELCOME Bring a friend!
Connect with us on
Facebook to learn about upcoming projects and volunteer opportunities.
CHS is now part of Butler Rural Electric Cooperative"s "Co-op Connections". Get $5 off first year's membership.
Heritage Park - Toll House
Creedville Post Office
Everyone Invited to visit
Sunday October 29, 2017
It’s been over 9 months since we moved the Toll House to Heritage Park.
Many volunteer hours and donated services and supplies have helped to restore the Toll House. While there is still work to do, the Coleraine Historical Society wishes to THANK the companies and volunteers who have worked tirelessly to save the Toll House.
Charles Gutzwiller, a descendant of Creedville’s first Postmaster (Fridolin Gutzwiller) cut the Ribbon to officially open the Blue Rock/Banning Toll House and Creedville Post Office the Toll House for Public viewing.
I would like to Thank the Coleraine Historical Society for all of the work they put into this project and all of the volunteers who helped. It took a lot of hours and tremendous effort to get this Restoration Project completed. Thank you all!
Double Click on any image to start a slide show in larger format
October 12 & 13, 2018 Work Party
Move to Heritage Park was successful;
but reeeeeeally cold!!!
Now the work restoring the Toll House/Post Office to it's former "glory" can really begin.
We still need supplies. donations, and volunteers.
We need 3 "six over six" windows and some extra "old barn wood" boards.
Donations are still needed stain siding and
to manufacture signs for the Toll House.
In Spring, volunteers (and plants) will be needed for landscaping.
January 6, 2017 - Moving Day!!!
THANKS to Evers Steel Construction for the rigging
and Sterwerf Trucking for the move
11/08/2016 Toll House Platform is formed
THANKS to Mark Graber and Crew from Graber Concrete
And All-Rite Concrete
This building, originally a Toll House and later used as a Post Office and General Store, is a small frame structure covered with board and batten siding.
Built in 1829, the Toll House was originally located on Banning at Blue Rock
(current home of White Oak Garden Center)
By 1879, the Toll House was being used as the Creedville Post Office and General Store.
In 1905, the Post Office was discontinued and the building was moved to another location in Colerain Township (Galbraith & Cheviot Roads). When it was moved, the front roof extension was removed, and the living quarters on the left side were demolished.
In 2002, The Coleraine Historical Society learned that the farm where the Toll House stood was being sold to a developer.
Coordinated by CHS Member LARRY SHAD,
The Coleraine Historical Society rescued the
Creedville Toll House and on a cold day in
January 2003, moved it to a “temporary” home.
Now some 14 years later
the Creedville Toll House it
is finally moving HAS MOVED (on January 6, 2017) to a permanent home at Heritage Park in Colerain Township.
Some other generous Colerain Businesses have pledged good and services.
But we still need YOUR help.
The Historical Society needs to buy and install signs, stain the siding and landscape.
Donations are needed to help preserve and maintain the Toll House.
To Donate Funds - contact Christine Henson, Treasurer at 513-385-6607 please mail check payable to “Coleraine Historical Society”
(note Creedville on memo line) to P.O. Box 53726, Colerain Twp, OH 45253.
To Donate Goods or Services – contact Gary Henson, Creedville Restoration Project Manager at 513-385-6607
The Coleraine Historical Society is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
All donations are tax deductible – Tax receipts provided.