Please fill out our
Or email us at:
The Coleraine Historical Society Inc.
PO BOX 53726
Colerain Twp., OH 45253
See Meetings Page for more details
PUBLIC WELCOME Bring a friend!
Connect with us on
Facebook to learn about upcoming projects and volunteer opportunities.
CHS is now part of Butler Rural Electric Cooperative"s "Co-op Connections". Get $5 off first year's membership.
Dunlap's Station, later referred to as Fort Colerain was on the east bank of the Great Miami River, and was established in early 1790.
A marker placed by Boy Scouts in 1960s mistakenly referred to the area as to "Ft. Dunlap".
NATIVE TREE PROJECT:
To facilitate and coordinate the outlining of the Dunlap Station “Footprint” native Trees.
This Project to be completed solely through donations.
With help of White Oak Garden Center, a detailed plan for planting 24 Native Trees has been developed. As monies are donated to the project, trees will be planted.
Tree Cost $250 each
Donate to this project through PayPal (link to left) or by sending Check to:
Coleraine Historical Society
Cincinnati, OH 45253
Please indicate in Memo Line: Dunlap Station Outline
Memorial Donations to CHS Members (unless otherwise designated) are added to the Dunlap Station Outline Fund
Project Chairperson: CHRIS HENSON 385-6607
Use "Contact Us" Page for questions or to Volunteer
1. White OAK planted 9/2019 12. Service Berry _________________
2. Tulip POPLAR planted 9/2019 13. Service Berry _________________
3. Sugar MAPLE planted 9/2020 14. Service Berry __________________
4. Burr OAK planted 9/2020 15. Service Berry __________________
5. Tulip POPLAR planted 9/2020 16. Paw-Paw __________________
6. Chickapin OAK ______________ 17. Paw-Paw __________________
7. HICKORY _______________ 18. Paw-Paw __________________
8. Red Bud _______________ 19. Paw-Paw __________________
9. Red Bud _______________ 20. ? Red Bud/Paw-Paw ______________
10. Red Bud ____________________ 21. ? Red Bud/Paw-Paw ______________
11. Red Bud ____________________ 22. ? Red Bud/Paw-Paw ______________
23. Service Berry _________________
a. Dwelling Houses
b. Block Houses
c. Shade for hona mills (our best guess is the writer meant "animals"
Dotted lines are dichete lately put up (our best guess is "dictated later to be put up"